Abundant with cultural offerings, attractions, and entertainment, the Iowa City | Coralville area is a vibrant and thriving community. Consistently ranked as one of the best places to live, retire, and do business, Iowa City | Coralville is one of the most popular destinations in the Midwest. Home to the University of Iowa and Iowa's first permanent state capitol, Iowa City | Coralville offers a 15,000-seat arena, multiple meeting rooms, tradeshow space, and one-of-a-kind venues, making it the ideal destination for your next event.
1. Culture. Contrary to popular belief, Iowa City is not known for its cornfields. It is recognized by the United Nations as a UNESCO City of Literature…the first city given that designation in the United States as a matter of fact. The area boasts thirteen museums, ten literary presses, nine programs offering regularly scheduled literary readings, at least five writing outreach programs, and seven community and professional theater companies, including the Riverside Theatre’s outdoor Shakespeare Festival. National and local artists perform at the Englert Theater in Downtown Iowa City, Coralville Center for the Performing Arts, and the world renowned Hancher Auditorium.
2. Center of it all. Conveniently located in the heart of the Midwest, Iowa City | Coralville is situated at the crossroads of Interstate 80 and Interstate 380. A four-to-five hour equidistant drive from Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Omaha, and Kansas City, makes Iowa City | Coralville the ideal meeting place for the Midwest. Nearby, the Eastern Iowa Airport has direct flights from more than 15 destinations across the country. Iowa City is closer than you think!
3. Iowa Nice. The Think Iowa City staff is here for you. From setting up a service bureau to welcome receptions to tour suggestions to assistance locating the perfect facility, the knowledgeable Think Iowa City staff will put your meeting plans on the right track. Services include online RFP form, price checking area hotels and meeting facilities, preparation of bid proposals, and site tours of meeting facilities, hotels, University of Iowa campus and the Iowa City | Coralville area. Once you choose Iowa City | Coralville for your conference/event, Think Iowa City will provide welcome bags for conference attendees, Visitor Guides, maps, and area brochures, information tables, can set up a microsite, and will provide registration assistance.
4. On the money. With state-of-the-art facilities, beautiful accommodations, excellent service and over 4,000 sleeping rooms in the area, Iowa City | Coralville is the perfect location for any meeting or event. Coralville's largest hotel has over 60,000 square feet of meeting space… all under one roof! Choose from a variety of alternative meeting/event venues to meet any and all needs and enjoy big city amenities without the big city prices.
5. Foodie Fabulous. Eat, drink, and be merry at any of the 150+ restaurants, diners, breweries, and cafes. Your taste buds will delight in what Iowa City | Coralville has to offer for culinary experiences. Whether you are enjoying an an oyster bar or a steakhouse, a pizza called the Flying Tomato or a pie shake, you won’t leave the Iowa City area hungry!
Curious about booking your event in the Iowa City | Coralville area? Call 800-283-6592 or visit us online at Thinkiowacity.com.
Comings and Goings | August 11, 2017
The University of Iowa this fall will issue a call for proposals to replace the 57-year-old University Club with a new hotel that would serve the nearby golf course, UI Hospitals and Clinics, larger campus, and public. Read more...
Spotlight | May 10, 2017
Freebies! Who doesn’t love them? But if you’re not taking advantage of all the complimentary services and advantages of working with Convention and Visitor Bureaus (CVBs) you are literally passing up on hundreds (maybe even thousands) of dollars’ worth of freebies! Read more...
Spotlight | September 13, 2016
What if you had an assistant who was an expert on your Iowa event destination? Read more...