The crown jewel of Colorado, Aspen is home to the Maroon Bells, one of the most photographed mountain peaks in North America. As a cultural "outpost" famed for its embrace of the arts, Aspen is a small town with big city artistic appeal. What’s more, its clean mountain air will encourage attendees to get outside and enjoy the natural beauty surrounding them. When planning your Aspen meeting or event, consider spring, early summer or fall, all great value seasons for groups when the weather and rates are attractive and inviting.
1. Bucket List Destination. The crown jewel of Colorado, Aspen Aspen is one of those places that everyone longs to see. It’s truly a unique diamond nestled in the rough of the Rocky Mountains that has a knack for bringing big city experiences to visitors in a way that defies ordinary. Often described as “breathtaking” and “exhilarating,” Aspen is a must-see destination!
2. Experience "The Aspen Idea." In the late 1940s, skiing arrived in Aspen, as did modern day founders Walter and Elizabeth Paepcke. With a vision for the community that focused on mind, body, and spirit, the Paepckes helped Aspen begin a civic and cultural renaissance - one that continues to this day. Groups can incorporate the Aspen Idea into their meetings and teambuilding, or take advantage of the Leadership Fundamentals program offered through the Aspen Institute.
3. Free city and airport transportation. Aspen has an extensive free city bus system that encompasses the Aspen airport, located just ten minutes from downtown where hotels and meeting venues are located. Aspen’s meeting and event hotels also offer complimentary, on-demand shuttles throughout the city limits and to the Aspen airport. Groups and meetings will save on transportation costs by walking or utilizing the free bus system to access shopping, dining and post-meeting activities.
4. Experience Arts and Culture. Aspen is home to its own contemporary Aspen Art Museum, Aspen Theatre in the park, the Aspen Music Festival and School, Aspen Santa Fe Ballet, Aspen Film Festival, Jazz Aspen Snowmass, the FOOD & Wine Classic and many more cultural offerings. Aspen hosts numerous events throughout the year, including live music for all tastes, art openings and lectures by talented individuals from all over the world.
5. Planning Services. Aspen Chamber is the best first point of contact when considering Aspen, Colorado for a meeting, incentive, or event. Aspen Chamber partners with clients to source hotels and venues; provide destination resources; organize and host site visits and fam trips; and provide booking incentives and event support for group business. Your partners at Aspen Chamber work as an extension of you and your team to make it as easy as possible to plan your program in Aspen.
Discover Aspen for your next meeting or event. Contact the good folks at www.aspenchamber.org for more information.
Spotlight | August 26, 2020
As summer comes to an end and we approach the most colorful and to many delightful time of the year, consider taking your retreat or conference to one of these Colorado group destinations for some inspiration. Read more...
Spotlight | February 12, 2019
Vegas, LA, New York? Sure, they’re great places to hold an event or a corporate convention. They’re also expensive, crowded, and can be a logistical nightmare. Good thing there are fantastic places closer to home that are affordable, accommodating, and easy to navigate. Take a look at some fun facts about these Colorado hot spots that are fast becoming popular with planners. Read more...
Spotlight | January 16, 2018
Winter doesn’t have to be cold and brutal. Not when you take your team to one of the hottest destinations around in 2018. So, gather up the group and explore these Colorado places that shine as bright as the sun, even if it is January. Read more...
Spotlight | May 10, 2017
Freebies! Who doesn’t love them? But if you’re not taking advantage of all the complimentary services and advantages of working with Convention and Visitor Bureaus (CVBs) you are literally passing up on hundreds (maybe even thousands) of dollars’ worth of freebies! Read more...