Catch Des Moines for your next meeting or event. It’s everything you want in a city - affordability, accessibility, and state-of-the-art facilities. You can always catch the very best in Greater Des Moines.
1. Catch the “suite” spot. Des Moines boasts a convention center equipped with 226,000 square feet of versatile meeting space and seating for up to 17,000. The Iowa Events Center includes 37 meeting rooms, a 28,800 square-foot ballroom and 150,000 square feet of exhibit space. Your guests can catch 110 unique hotels and 11,000 rooms throughout Greater Des Moines. Plan ahead for a new 320-room hotel attached to the Iowa Events Center opening in the spring of 2018. What's more, we offer four miles of climate-controlled skywalks, connecting downtown hotels to the right-sized venue, restaurants and entertainment options. Catch a meeting haven in Des Moines.
2. Catch the vibe. Des Moines is a city where you'll catch more - a Friday night at a Broadway musical; a Saturday morning at the Farmers' Market. Catch live jazz in a club or a baseball game that ends with fireworks. Des Moines is big box stores and little boutiques. It’s a place where you'll discover antiques and hidden gems. Browse a bakery for a sweet treat or turn the corner and savor a stunning 28-piece Sculpture Garden.
3. Catch mouthwatering restaurants. From classic to creative, Des Moines offers combinations to tantalize your taste buds - steak and potatoes, crab Rangoon pizza, a juicy burger topped with peanut butter, fried bananas and bacon. Catch locally-grown food at HoQ or Alba. Or, stop by locally-owned favorites like Exile Brewing Company, Jethro's BBQ or Dos Rios Cantina and Tequila Lounge. Try a few heavenly bites of dark chocolate torte paired with a cucumber martini or Iowa wines aged to perfection. Des Moines is delicious grub. It's a sip, a taste, a savor. Des Moines is not your average dish.
4. Des Moines is easy. Catch the ease of a city centrally located; a city connected to wherever you're from. With major airlines including Allegiant, American Airlines, Delta, Southwest and United and non-stop flights from 18 cities, you can catch a flight at the Des Moines International Airport. Located at the hub of Interstates 80 and 35, Des Moines is easy to get to and easy to get around. Des Moines is easy to fall in love with.
5. Des Moines is happening. Catch West End Salvage. As seen on HGTV and ABC's The Bachelor. Or, take a stroll along the Principal Riverwalk - a 1.2 mile loop linked to landscaped public spaces, public art and other points of interest, such as Brenton Skating Plaza. Stop for a quick bite and local brew at the HubSpot, an ultra-modern structure overlooking the Des Moines River. Stroll through Cowles Commons. An open space that features 12,000 perennials, 40 trees and a zero-depth fountain with lights. Don't miss the Des Moines Social Club. A venue that includes theaters, creative classes for all ages, a restaurant, bar, coffee shop, premier art galleries and an outdoor event space, all under one historic fire station roof. Des Moines is ever-changing. Surprising. Shockingly cool.
Spotlight | By Casey Romano, Publisher | March 11, 2021
As the snow melts giving way to spring just around the corner, we approach one of the most anticipated times of the year, summer. Consider taking your retreat or conference to one of these Iowa #instagramworthy group destinations for some inspiration. Read more...
Spotlight | August 26, 2020
As summer comes to an end and we approach the most colorful and to many delightful time of the year, consider taking your retreat or conference to one of these Iowa group destinations for some inspiration. Read more...
Spotlight | July 16, 2019
Keeping it local means the money stays in your community, there are fewer travel and lodging expenses, and when food served is sourced locally, it’s often fresher and better tasting. What’s not to love? Read more...
Spotlight | March 12, 2019
As any planner knows, there are a million things to consider when choosing a venue for a trade show. Location, size, accessibility, floor plans, traffic flow, and much, much more. If you’re in the midst of the madness of planning a trade show, stop stressing. We’ve found 10 of the best trade show spaces in Iowa just for you. Read more...