Few destinations in the Midwest provide a combination of natural beauty, small-town charm and a sense of history as rich as Wisconsin's Door County. Amidst its beauty are over a dozen quaint villages containing museums, artists' galleries, boutique shops, wineries, performing arts venues, and exceptional restaurants, along with some of the most unique and scenic meeting venues in Wisconsin. Located 150 miles north of Milwaukee and just 40 miles from Green Bay, the Door County peninsula and surrounding islands offer a scenic seaside experience in the heart of the Midwest that is the perfect setting for your meeting, convention or special event.
1. Unique and Scenic Meeting Spaces. From restored, rustic barns to lakeside resorts with spectacular views, to historic downtown conference centers, Door County is brimming with meeting options that are extraordinarily out of the ordinary. Choose a meeting location in the heart of one of our 19 quaint communities, or find a space that's a bit out of the way, allowing you to traverse the pastoral country roads. Our largest meeting space can accommodate up to 500 guests making Door County the ideal location for any small to mid-size meeting or event.
2. Value and Service. The friendly and helpful staff at the Door County Visitor Bureau is available to help guide you through the planning process and present you with ideas and options that perfectly align with your needs, expectations and budget. Whether it's coordinating facility tours, conducting a hotel rate search, mailing visitor guides, preparing welcome bags or connecting you directly with member properties, our meetings experts are here to assist -- all at no charge.
3. Pampering Lodging Accommodations. After a busy day of breakout sessions and presentations, guests will find the ultimate in R&R as they head back to their “home away from home.” They may opt to stay at a cozy B&B complete with a fireplace for ambience and a home-cooked breakfast each morning; find respite at a full-service hotel located just blocks from dining and entertainment; or retreat to a luxurious, water view room at a grand resort. For those eco-friendly guests, Door County is home to several Travel Green Certified properties dedicated to preserving the environment. With hundreds of lodging properties from which to choose, your options are nearly endless.
4. Natural Beauty. Once your meeting has concluded for the day, it's time to get out and explore the natural beauty of Door County. See the sights while kayaking along the shoreline, hike through one of 5 state parks or 19 county parks, stroll through the over 2,000 acres of cherry orchards available for touring and blossom viewing, set sail on a sunset cruise or soak up the rural beauty while biking along our quiet country roads. From extreme sports to casual exploration, there is always an adventure to be had and breathtaking views to behold.
5. Maritime History and Top-Notch Attractions. With 300 miles of shoreline and 11 lighthouses, you will be captivated by the rich maritime history and tradition that's visible throughout the county. Tour the living quarters of a lighthouse keeper, visit museums dedicated to preserving and showcasing the area's maritime roots, and of course, sample a traditional Door County Fish Boil. Once you've taken in the history, it's time to catch an outdoor concert or live theatrical performance under the stars, browse the downtown districts for one-of-a-kind boutique shops and galleries, or tour the Door County Wine Trail before enjoying a scrumptious field-to-table dinner at one of our nationally-acclaimed restaurants.
For more information about booking your meeting or event in Door County, contact the folks at Destination Door County.
Spotlight | May 08, 2018
There are plenty of good reasons to plan a corporate retreat — a change of scenery will often inspire new ideas; a change of pace can encourage strengthening of bonds between co-workers; new connections can form in a more casual atmosphere. Read more...
Spotlight | September 13, 2016
What if you had an assistant who was an expert on your Wisconsin event destination? Read more...
Spotlight | June 15, 2016
Every planner knows that successful events are all about the details. Read more...
Spotlight | January 16, 2008
You know the value of the Internet in planning a meeting or event... Read more...