With major hotel chains, exciting entertainment options, national recognition as one of the best small cities in America, and ongoing renovation of properties in the community, Dubuque, Iowa is not your typical, sleepy Midwestern small town, but a flourishing, growing city that knows how to host a gathering.
1. Let’s talk AFFORDABILITY! Coffee. It’s a staple at every meeting, conference, event. In Dubuque, we have coffee, and our charge is less than $20 a gallon… yes you read that right, less than $20 a gallon for amazing coffee!
2. But what about NIGHTLIFE? When your group is done with their meeting, they can venture into Brazen where Chef Kevin (a Top Chef 16 contestant) will most likely greet them. Or head to the top of Smokestack’s rooftop bar for music and drinks. Or take in an intimate cruise aboard the American Lady Yacht. That’s just the beginning of unique options!
3. And where do we MEET? We have national chains and locally owned hotel properties. Our Grand River Center features 86,000 square feet of meeting space overlooking the Mississippi River. (You won’t find anything like it in the Midwest!)
4. People like us. They REALLY LIKE US! Dubuque was named an All-America City for the 5th time in less than 10 years in 2019! Alot Travel ranked Dubuque #12 of “30 Best Small Cities in the United States.” We are a LEED Certified City; we love our sustainable community. And the list goes on.
5. Getting to work with the Travel Dubuque team, PRICELESS. When you come to Dubuque, contact Travel Dubuque first. Our team knows the ins and the outs of the community (like the best place to get a burger at 1 a.m.). From transportation assistance to registration assistance to even giving away money (talk to Julie Kronlage on that one), the team is ready to help make your event a success here!
Spotlight | By Kris McNeely, Content Editor | August 13, 2019
It goes without saying that every planner strives to create an event that is memorable. And while an interesting menu or trendy lighting certainly helps, to make a lasting impression we recommend starting with a spot that’s out of the ordinary. Don’t know where to begin? We suggest you consider one of these distinctive Iowa venues. Read more...
Spotlight | March 12, 2019
As any planner knows, there are a million things to consider when choosing a venue for a trade show. Location, size, accessibility, floor plans, traffic flow, and much, much more. If you’re in the midst of the madness of planning a trade show, stop stressing. We’ve found 10 of the best trade show spaces in Iowa just for you. Read more...
Spotlight | February 12, 2019
Vegas, LA, New York? Sure, they’re great places to hold an event or a corporate convention. They’re also expensive, crowded, and can be a logistical nightmare. Good thing there are fantastic places closer to home that are affordable, accommodating, and easy to navigate. Take a look at some fun facts about these Iowa hot spots that are fast becoming popular with planners. Read more...
Spotlight | January 16, 2019
A corporate retreat or company conference is a great way to kick off the year and get everyone pointed in the right direction for the months ahead. Your event can be especially effective when you book at one of these inspiring Iowa resorts. Read more...