With major hotel chains, exciting entertainment options, national recognition as one of the best small cities in America, and ongoing renovation of properties in the community, Dubuque, Iowa is not your typical, sleepy Midwestern small town, but a flourishing, growing city that knows how to host a gathering.
1. Let’s talk AFFORDABILITY! Coffee. It’s a staple at every meeting, conference, event. In Dubuque, we have coffee, and our charge is less than $20 a gallon… yes you read that right, less than $20 a gallon for amazing coffee!
2. But what about NIGHTLIFE? When your group is done with their meeting, they can venture into Brazen where Chef Kevin (a Top Chef 16 contestant) will most likely greet them. Or head to the top of Smokestack’s rooftop bar for music and drinks. Or take in an intimate cruise aboard the American Lady Yacht. That’s just the beginning of unique options!
3. And where do we MEET? We have national chains and locally owned hotel properties. Our Grand River Center features 86,000 square feet of meeting space overlooking the Mississippi River. (You won’t find anything like it in the Midwest!)
4. People like us. They REALLY LIKE US! Dubuque was named an All-America City for the 5th time in less than 10 years in 2019! Alot Travel ranked Dubuque #12 of “30 Best Small Cities in the United States.” We are a LEED Certified City; we love our sustainable community. And the list goes on.
5. Getting to work with the Travel Dubuque team, PRICELESS. When you come to Dubuque, contact Travel Dubuque first. Our team knows the ins and the outs of the community (like the best place to get a burger at 1 a.m.). From transportation assistance to registration assistance to even giving away money (talk to Julie Kronlage on that one), the team is ready to help make your event a success here!
Spotlight | January 16, 2020
You have two options when it comes to winter — either hibernate for four months or get out and enjoy it. If your team is in the latter group, then we have some insider info for you. The following Iowa resorts do more than tolerate snow…they celebrate it! Read more...
Spotlight | December 11, 2019
As the final days of the decade seem to fly by, it’s worth taking some time to look back over the past twelve months and spotlight some of the best suppliers we’ve encountered. Join us in reviewing some of our picks for Iowa’s 2019 Suppliers of the Year. Read more...
Spotlight | November 14, 2019
Picking the perfect lodging with the most comfortable rooms, amazing amenities, and sensational service for your group doesn’t have to be difficult. Not when you check out (and then check in to) any of these outstanding Iowa hotels and resorts. Read more...
Spotlight | October 17, 2019
There’s so much to consider when choosing a venue for your upcoming gala — theme, guests, budget, décor, ambiance, service, and more. Read more...