Stunning river views, a rich history and first-class hospitality welcome you and your meeting + event attendees in La Crosse, Wisconsin. With easy access by trains, planes and automobiles, its riverfront Convention Center and an abundance of venues, restaurants, lodging and activities, La Crosse is the premier Midwestern destination for your meeting, convention, special event or trade show. Best of all, the pros at Explore La Crosse are ready and eager to work with you to meet your specifications, budget and theme, all in an effort to create your ideal meeting or event.
1. New La Crosse Center Opening Fall 2021. Perched on the banks of the mighty Mississippi and undergoing a 42 million renovation to be completed in the fall of 2021, the La Crosse Center will boast nearly 150,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. The new pre-function and ballroom areas overlooking the Mississippi River will provide meeting attendees with the one of the most unique meeting experiences in the Midwest. Couple that with 1,000 downtown hotel rooms and over 100 restaurant and dining options within walking distance of the La Crosse Center, and you will find La Crosse is the place to be!
2. Prime Midwest Location. Resting on the borders of Minnesota and Iowa, La Crosse, Wisconsin is the perfect regional meeting place for all your meetings and events. Easily accessible by interstate highways, Amtrak, the navigational system and the La Crosse County Airport (accommodating flights from both Delta and American Airlines), your attendees will find getting here easy. The only difficult part is that they’re probably not going to want to leave.
3. Historic Downtown. The old river days come to life in the Historic Downtown District of La Crosse. Your guests will revel in the charming architecture and vibrant atmosphere of the city’s lovely hotels, award-winning restaurants, rooftop bars, specialty shops, art galleries, coffee shops, boutiques and more, all located within two blocks of the La Crosse Center. What’s more, La Crosse offers visitors many wonderful concerts, river festivals, exhibitions, theater productions, reading series, period re-enactments, and story tellers, so there’s always something to do.
4. Endless Adventure & Entertainment. Gorgeous natural surroundings make this the supreme spot for after hour’s adventures. Attendees (and their families) will enjoy fishing and boating on the Mississippi, the numerous hiking and biking trails, downhill and cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, and apple orchards, plus manmade adventures within driving distance such as NASCAR racing, La Crosse Loggers Baseball, the Riverside Amusement Park, Amish Country Tours, wineries and much, much more.
5. Amazing Views. La Crosse is located between rugged, tall limestone bluffs and the Mississippi River, making it one of the most picturesque and breathtaking geographical areas in the region. Year round, the views are amazing as are the countless opportunities for activities that take full advantage of the stunning topography.
For more information on booking an event in La Crosse, go to www.explorelacrosse.com.
Spotlight | July 16, 2019
Keeping it local means the money stays in your community, there are fewer travel and lodging expenses, and when food served is sourced locally, it’s often fresher and better tasting. What’s not to love? Read more...
Spotlight | February 12, 2019
Vegas, LA, New York? Sure, they’re great places to hold an event or a corporate convention. They’re also expensive, crowded, and can be a logistical nightmare. Good thing there are fantastic places closer to home that are affordable, accommodating, and easy to navigate. Take a look at some fun facts about these Wisconsin hot spots that are fast becoming popular with planners. Read more...
Press Release | August 31, 2017
MADISON — The Legislature’s budget-writing committee Monday approved $5 million for the planned expansion and renovation of the La Crosse Center. Read more...
Spotlight | May 10, 2017
Freebies! Who doesn’t love them? But if you’re not taking advantage of all the complimentary services and advantages of working with Convention and Visitor Bureaus (CVBs) you are literally passing up on hundreds (maybe even thousands) of dollars’ worth of freebies! Read more...