Mankato is the perfect place to take a step back, gain a fresh perspective and get some serious work done. Better still, if you truly want to mix business with pleasure, you can't beat Mankato — a progressive business regional center in the heart of the scenic Minnesota River Valley that continues to grow each year. Offering a variety of venues — from big city amenities to the great outdoors — you'll also find people who are welcoming and ready to serve. Visit Mankato offers convention services to make your visit seamless and enjoyable, assisting you with planning and tailoring services to meet the specific needs of your group.
1. Unique and Abundant Ways to Play. Mankato offers a variety of ways to play in your down time, including cycling, sightseeing the scenic and historic river valley, experiencing a vibrant downtown and enjoying enriching cultural experiences like headliner concerts, theatre, music, visual arts and lively night entertainment. Plus, Mankato boasts three beautiful wineries within 20 miles of our city, making us the Napa Valley of Southern Minnesota.
2. Conveniently Located and Easy to Reach. Within easy reach from the Twin Cities, Mankato is a mere 70 miles from the metro. Once you arrive, you’ll find you’ve been transported into the heart of the scenic Minnesota River valley with more miles of river than any other county in the state of Minnesota. Plus, Mankato is an easy city to navigate and parking is accessible and affordable.
3. Plentiful Event Space with the Amenities You Want. Mankato offers free Wi-Fi, plus every other amenity you have come to enjoy and expect. Rely on Mankato’s friendly hospitality staff to make your meeting or convention a success, with the capability to host events for up to 6,500 people. And announcing the Mayo Clinic Health System Event Center! This new expansion promises to make choosing a location for your meeting, convention, or event easier than ever! With expanded facilities, more meeting space, and an amazing new performing event center, it’s easy to understand why the Mayo Clinic Health System Event Center has become a signature destination in the Midwest for events of all kinds!
4. Outdoor Adventure for Everyone. Mankato’s outdoor options allow everyone to connect on a whole new level with each other and the environment. Cyclists can enjoy an extensive city, county and state trail system, open country roads, and trails for mountain bikers. Whether you’re planning for two, twenty or more, if you’re looking for a river adventure, you can call on Bent River Outfitters for individual or team building events that include canoeing, kayaking or paddle boarding down one of our rivers. Plus, Mankato offers an abundance of beautiful parks where folks can kick back and relax, including historic Sibley Park.
5. Complimentary, Customized Services. The staff at Visit Mankato are ready to deliver complimentary and customized services to you for all your meeting and convention needs, that includes a Convention Badge program, event bidding, and a grant and financial incentive program.
For more information on booking an event in Mankato, go to www.visitgreatermankato.com/mankato/meet/.
Spotlight | March 12, 2019
As any planner knows, there are a million things to consider when choosing a venue for a trade show. Location, size, accessibility, floor plans, traffic flow, and much, much more. If you’re in the midst of the madness of planning a trade show, stop stressing. We’ve found 10 of the best trade show spaces in Minnesota just for you. Read more...
Spotlight | February 13, 2018
Looking for some new venues to explore for your next conference or convention? We’ve compiled a comprehensive guide to some of Minnesota’s most vibrant, spacious, and amenity-packed places for you to discover this year. Read more...
Spotlight | January 16, 2018
Winter doesn’t have to be cold and brutal. Not when you take your team to one of the hottest destinations around in 2018. So, gather up the group and explore these Minnesota places that shine as bright as the sun, even if it is January. Read more...
Spotlight | By Kris McNeely, Content Editor | November 16, 2017
These days, conference and convention centers are stepping up the amenities they offer. Read more...