Looking for a unique destination with world-class conference facilities, an abundance of unique and historic accommodations, mouthwatering dining choices, and entertaining activities and attractions? Look no further than Ottumwa, IA. Memorable meetings and events happen here in one of the most vibrant and dynamic communities you’ll find in southeast Iowa. With a wide range of offerings for every interest and budget, you’ll soon discover how the folks of Ottumwa can both surprise and delight you!
1. Magnificent Meeting Spaces. Nestled on the banks of the Des Moines River, Ottumwa’s Bridge View Center has been hosting concerts, theatrical events, meetings, and conventions since opening its doors in 2007. The 92,000 square foot complex features an expo hall, conference/meeting space, state-of-the-art theater, and Grand Lobby. Located downtown, the historic Hotel Ottumwa welcomes guests to its classic, intimate gathering spaces, including eight meeting rooms and the magnificent Grand Ballroom.
2. Amazing Accommodations. Check in to any of the more than 600 guest rooms, all located less than four miles from the Bridge View Center. Choose from historic hotels, charming B&Bs, popular hotel chains, and unique boutique hotels. From comfy guest rooms to luxury suites, we’ve got something for every taste and budget. All hotels offer complimentary breakfast, business facilities and workout facilities.
3. Delicious Dining. Dine around the world in Ottumwa, the city is home to more than a dozen award-winning restaurants serving up culturally diverse and delicious dining options. From American fare to Latin cuisine, mouthwatering Asian food, to the culinary delights of the city’s Italian offerings, there’s something here to satisfy every palate.
4. Awesome Activities & Attractions. There’s always something to do and see in Ottumwa, no matter what the season. Enjoy the beauty of our 16 miles of river trails or cool off at the Beach Ottumwa Waterpark. Ottumwa offers seven historic districts to tour, two golf courses, the Airpower Museum, the American Gothic House Center, and a walking tour of the Ottumwa’s unique downtown street art scene. Unwind with a vintage video game in Ottumwa, the Video Game Capital of the World.
5. Terrific Teamwork. The Greater Ottumwa Convention and Visitor’s Bureau will galvanize the entire community to make your event memorable. Our team can provide several services including local host planning committee liaison services, gift bags and digital welcome packs for conference attendees, coordination of sponsorship opportunities and social media campaign, meeting facilities and lodging information liaison services, publicity and media assistance, welcome address arrangements, site inspection visits, destination photos for event marketing materials, registration assistance, tour and activity arrangements, and community information materials.
Ready to book your event in Ottumwa, Iowa? Call 641-684-4303 or visit us online at https://www.greaterottumwacvb.org/.
Press Release | June 23, 2020
Ottumwa, Iowa (June 8, 2020) – The Greater Ottumwa CVB has launched a comprehensive marketing plan to bring visitors back to Ottumwa in the wake of the COVID 19 Pandemic. Read more...
Spotlight | December 11, 2019
As the final days of the decade seem to fly by, it’s worth taking some time to look back over the past twelve months and spotlight some of the best suppliers we’ve encountered. Join us in reviewing some of our picks for Iowa’s 2019 Suppliers of the Year. Read more...
Spotlight | September 10, 2019
Your assignment? Study up on the seemingly countless Iowa venues where you can host your next training event and learn which ones are the best. Read more...
Spotlight | July 16, 2019
Keeping it local means the money stays in your community, there are fewer travel and lodging expenses, and when food served is sourced locally, it’s often fresher and better tasting. What’s not to love? Read more...