Imagine it — your meeting or event in a bustling, easily-accessible Midwestern town with beautiful surroundings, accommodations and entertainment for every budget, exciting activities and spacious venues. Have we got the place for you! Known as “The Granite City,” the greater St. Cloud area features a rich history with a Mississippi River backdrop. Enjoy a community that is safe, friendly and voted one of the country’s most livable cities. Fill your free time exploring the historic downtown area — you’ll find restaurants, theatre and live entertainment, galleries, and unique shopping opportunities close by to our downtown centerpiece — the River’s Edge Convention Center! The St. Cloud area has been hailed as the most convenient convention and event destination in the state of Minnesota. Check with the St. Cloud Area CVB staff — they will be happy to show you why the St. Cloud area is the best option for your next event!
1. Convenient Central Minnesota Location. St. Cloud is in the center of it all, located right in the heart of Minnesota and less than an hour north of Minneapolis. Most meeting planners find increased attendance in St. Cloud because of the convenient location and ease of accessibility.
2. Event Space at the Scenic River’s Edge. River’s Edge Convention Center is approximately 165,000 square feet of flexible event space located on the banks of the Mississippi River in downtown St. Cloud. The facility is also home to the MN Baseball Hall of Fame – a free attraction for your attendees to experience. A wide selection of neighboring hotels, restaurants and entertainment options make this the optimal spot for your convention, trade show, meeting or conference.
3. Outdoor Activites Abound. St. Cloud features miles of trails that wind through the area and nearby communities. The 65-mile Lake Wobegon Trail is ideal for biking, hiking, roller blading, and snowmobiling. The Beaver Island Trail follows the Mississippi River from the new expansion at the River’s Edge Convention Center through the St. Cloud State University campus. Do you like to fish, rock climb, scuba dive, canoe, or cross country ski? Then be sure to ask the St. Cloud CVB about the best places to go.
4. Amazing Attractions. Come to St. Cloud for a memorable experience. The area is brimming with activities for every taste and budget. The Stearns History Museum offers a fascinating walk through the area’s past. Munsinger and Clemens gardens provide the opportunity for attendees to get away from it all and stroll amidst the beauty of one of the Midwest’s most highly acclaimed outdoor gardens. Enjoy live theater, great art studios, and an energetic nightlife. Stop by a winery, play a round of golf, or explore the abundance of antique and specialty shops. The list goes on and on.
5. Surrounded by History, Intersected by the Mississippi. The mighty Mississippi River meanders through the St. Cloud area carrying with it hundreds of years of tales and legends. A 12-mile section of the river south of St. Cloud is a designated part of Minnesota’s Wild + Scenic Rivers program. The St. Cloud area CVB can offer ideas for river activities working with local Outfitters and the Outdoor Endeavors program at St. Cloud State University.
For more information on booking an event in St. Cloud, go to http://visitstcloud.com/pages/meeting_planner.php or email Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spotlight | August 25, 2020
As summer comes to an end and we approach the most colorful and to many, delightful time of the year, consider taking your retreat or conference to one of these Minnesota group destinations for some inspiration. Read more...
Spotlight | July 16, 2019
Keeping it local means the money stays in your community, there are fewer travel and lodging expenses, and when food served is sourced locally, it’s often fresher and better tasting. What’s not to love? Read more...
Spotlight | February 12, 2019
Vegas, LA, New York? Sure, they’re great places to hold an event or a corporate convention. They’re also expensive, crowded, and can be a logistical nightmare. Good thing there are fantastic places closer to home that are affordable, accommodating, and easy to navigate. Take a look at some fun facts about these Minnesota hot spots that are fast becoming popular with planner. Read more...
Press Release | March 12, 2018
ST. CLOUD - Julie Lunning with the St. Cloud Area Convention and Visitors Bureau is being recognized for her work attracting big events to town. Read more...