From its perch on the banks of the Mississippi River, Minnesota’s capital city of St. Paul offers visitors unparalleled excitement, diverse culture and a rich history, along with ample business opportunities, incomparable meeting spaces and an abundance of activities. From bustling downtown to hip and historic Grand Avenue; from Lowertown with its coffee shops and art studios to Summit Avenue with its grand Victorian mansions, St. Paul beckons and entices, capturing the hearts and minds of all who come intent to do business, and decide to stay for the pleasure of it all. The award-winning team at Visit Saint Paul is ready to assist you with planning your next meeting or convention in this easily-accessible, dynamic metropolis that still manages to retain its friendly small-town feel.
1. Accessible by Air from Anywhere. Centrally located in North America, St. Paul is accessible by air from anywhere in the US in less than four hours. The award-winning Minneapolis/St Paul International Airport (MSP) is a Delta Airlines hub and is the international gateway for air transportation in the Upper Midwest. From MSP, you're a quick nine miles to downtown Saint Paul. Once you're here, you'll find downtown to be very walkable, including the five miles of climate-controlled skyways that connect the buildings within the downtown area.
2. Award-winning Convention Center. Sustainable, eco-friendly and the highest level of service are the hallmarks of St. Paul’s acclaimed meeting and event venue. The Saint Paul RiverCentre offers over 160,000 square feet of flexible exhibition space, including a 27,000 sq ft Grand Ballroom and 15 meeting rooms. Connected to the RiverCentre, the Roy Wilkins Auditorium seats over 5800 attendees with an additional 30,000 sq ft exhibit hall, while the Xcel Energy Center offers 165,000 sq ft of multi-purpose sports and entertainment space.
3. First Class Accommodations. Nearly 2,000 hotel rooms with an additional 400 rooms opening in 2019. Visitors can easily walk to the Saint Paul RiverCentre (1,000 of those rooms are accessible via the comfort of St. Paul’s climate-controlled skyway system.) An additional 5,500 hotel rooms are located at properties within close proximity to downtown, with a wide range of accommodations, unique amenities and amazing customer service that allows for flexibility, as well as pricing options to suit any budget.
4. See, Do, Explore, Enjoy, Be Entertained. St. Paul boasts such an abundance of museums, restaurants, theaters, festivals, fairs and historic venues, visitors won’t know what to do first. They might choose the interactive Minnesota History Center, cruise the mighty Mississippi aboard one of the Padelford Riverboat Company’s paddlewheelers, or tour the historic home of Great Northern Railroad founder, James J. Hill. Or, they could revel in the beauty of the Minnesota State Capitol or feel the excitement of former 1930s mobster hideout, the Wabasha Street Caves. They could check out the Science Museum of Minnesota, the Landmark Center, Historic Fort Snelling, the Cathedral of St. Paul, Como Zoo, or the Ordway Center for the Performing Arts. But whether they attend a festival, a baseball game or an art crawl, they’ll discover that there’s never a dull moment in St. Paul.
5. Capital City on the Banks of the Mighty Mississippi. Named the capital of the Minnesota Territory in 1849, St. Paul originated as a trading and transportation center. And though the fur traders have gone the way of history, St. Paul is still the widely renowned, as is evidenced by its inclusion on many “Best of…” lists. In 2011, St. Paul was honored with several titles in Travel + Leisure Magazine - #1 Cleanest City, #2 Smartest Residents, #3 Safest Visitor Experience. That same year, the American College of Sports Medicine named St. Paul the #1 Fittest City in America, while Forbes Magazine listed Grand Ave as one of the top ten prettiest neighborhoods in the country. Clearly, St. Paul is still the place to be.
For more information on booking an event in St. Paul, go to www.visitsaintpaul.com.
Spotlight | May 08, 2018
There are plenty of good reasons to plan a corporate retreat — a change of scenery will often inspire new ideas; a change of pace can encourage strengthening of bonds between co-workers; new connections can form in a more casual atmosphere. Read more...
Spotlight | March 14, 2018
Corporate outings don’t have to be organized around the same old run-of-the-mill activities that your crew is used to. Instead, you can shake things up this spring and organize an outing that’s interesting, entertaining, fun, and unique. This month we shine the spotlight on some of Minnesota’s best places, events, and attractions to take your team. Read more...
Press Release | February 12, 2018
At the recent PVA Annual Convention at MariTrends 2018 held in Savannah, Ga., members of the Passenger Vessel Association (PVA) elected Gus Gaspardo, Padelford Packet Boat Co., St. Paul, Minn., as PVA President for 2018. Read more...
Ask the Expert | By Kris McNeely, Content Editor | July 26, 2017
Meeting and Event Planning Tip: How do I fit a boat charter cruise into a tight budget? Read more...