When it comes to finding a meeting location in the center of the state, count on the Wausau, Wisconsin area to provide convenient access, quality accommodations, and affordable facilities to help draw a crowd to your next event. Located at the crossroads of Interstate39/Highway 51 and Highway 29, the Wausau area combines the breathtaking beauty of the Northwoods with the amenities and services of a large city.
1. Location, location, location. Wausau’s central location makes it easy for attendees from across the Midwest to attend your meeting or event. The seven communities that comprise the Wausau area make an ideal meeting destination for functions statewide, as well as a midway meeting point between Minneapolis and Chicago. What’s more, the nearby Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA) offers convenient commercial airline services to Minneapolis, Detroit and Chicago daily with auto rentals onsite.
2. Stunning Surroundings, Amazing Activities. Wausau is surrounded by woods, lakes and hills, with four gorgeous seasons of outdoor recreation and fun including hiking, biking, snowmobiling, show shoeing, kayaking and canoeing. Guests also enjoy exploring our thriving arts community, our year-round entertaining festivals and events, and diverse shopping and dining choices. When the business day is done, there’s always something to see and do in Wausau.
3. Help is at Hand. Choose to book your next function in Wausau and the dedicated staff of the Wausau/Central Wisconsin CVB will help you find the perfect venue. We’ll even pair it with services and activities to make it an all-around success. From upscale boutique properties and national brands, to north central Wisconsin’s largest event and conference center with more than 75,000 square feet of space, the area offers an array of meeting facilities. Additionally, a variety of tours, team-building activities and programs for spouses are available to engage attendees and offer entertainment and networking opportunities.
4. Opportunities to Expand. Is your company looking for ways to expand its presence through meetings and conferences? The Wausau/Central Wisconsin CVB is working to create a new meeting, convention and expo initiative. This initiative, called Meetings Mean Business, is a grant-based funding program to assist with the costs of holding an event in the Wausau area and will launch in 2019. Interested planners should call Visit Wausau for more information.
5. Make Connections. The Wausau/Central Wisconsin CVB recognizes the value of face-to-face meetings and is dedicated to cultivating liaisons between meeting professionals, organizing committees, and meeting venues. The season of conferences, conventions, business meetings, incentive travel, tradeshows and exhibitions is in full swing, so it’s time to put your plans in place and make new connections now. Meetings and events help to build relationships, foster collaboration and facilitate deals and business success across industries and communities.
Whether you’re planning a small meeting or a larger convention, www.visitwausau.com is here to help. From the initial bid process, through site tours, and all the way to the conclusion of your function, we’re here for you.
Spotlight | February 13, 2018
Looking for some new venues to explore for your next conference or convention? We’ve compiled a comprehensive guide to some of Wisconsin’s most vibrant, spacious, and amenity-packed places for you to discover this year. Read more...
Spotlight | September 13, 2016
What if you had an assistant who was an expert on your Wisconsin event destination? Read more...
Spotlight | June 15, 2016
Every planner knows that successful events are all about the details. Read more...
Spotlight | May 12, 2015
You’ve chosen a theme, the date is set, and the invitations have been sent. Read more...