While the Internet has made planners’ work one million times easier, Trip Advisor is no substitute for the first-hand, personal knowledge and experience offered by a Destination Management Company (DMC). It’s no wonder so many planners are turning to DMCs to create their most memorable events.
Here are eight ways DMCs make your planning easier:
1. Local — The number one reason DMCs are so hot is because they’re local. They know the community. They’ve built relationships and established connections. They know the top tier suppliers you want to work with as well as ones you’ll want to avoid. They are your local expert who can recommend the hottest activities, best venues, and superior accommodations because they’ve vetted local vendors.
2. Time — Researching a destination requires huge chunks of time spent exploring vendors, plotting logistics, requesting RFPs, and much more. When you outsource to a DMC, they take those time-sucking tasks right off your plate.
3. Logistics — Making travel arrangements and reservations that accommodate different locations, time zones, and personal schedules is nothing short of a nightmare. DMCs take care of these laborious tasks so you don’t have to.
4. Booking — Because they’re local to your destination, they can more easily purchase tickets, make reservations, and acquire passes for activities and excursions you want your attendees to experience.
5. Bid gathering — Many DMCs will gather bids, schedule dates, do rate checks, and coordinate multiple venues in various locations for your group.
6. Event design — To ensure the perfect look for your event, many DMCs will work with you to create a design that fits your theme, as well as find and coordinate furniture, lighting, linen, and more.
7. Event registration — There’s no need for you to re-invent the wheel every time you have a new event. Many DMCs already have registration systems in place which they can customize for you event.
8. Site selection — What could give you more peace of mind than finding the perfect venue for your event? DMCs will help you with locating and booking the type of venue you want. Plus, they’ll work with vendors with whom they’ve already established a relationship, so they can negotiate the best possible deal on your behalf.