You’re an expert at staging an event space. You’ve got an eye for color, a keen palate, and an intuition for choosing the perfect theme for every gathering. But perhaps what you might be missing is the knowledge to really boost your business in the marketplace. Consider these no-to-low-cost ways to build a buzz:
1. Demonstrate your expertise. If you don’t have a blog, consider starting one. Or, if you follow a popular blog regularly, pitch an idea for a “guest post” to the blogger. Finally, you can demonstrate your expertise by contributing to meetingpages.com for either the Scoop or the Expert Advice columns. With its nationwide readership, you’re sure to get some attention.
2. Get social. Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook are all great places to post pics of successful events, engage with followers, or show off your know-how as an industry influencer with tips and advice. Most social channels offer advertising opportunities too. Even if your budget is limited, you can still target your market accurately and affordably.
3. YouTube it. Promotional videos on YouTube or even demos on Facebook Live are two great ways to engage an audience and promote your work. Make sure your topics are relevant to the industry and produced in a professional manner.
4. Give them something to talk about. There’s a reason sites like TripAdvisor, Angie’s List, and Foursquare are so popular. When people read ratings, they feel like they’re getting honest opinions about a product or service rather than paid advertising messaging. Use that to your advantage. Always ask clients for testimonials, then post them to your website or social media channels for prospective clients.
5. Gather with a group. Find a group in your field and attend networking events. Take a class. Get up to speed on industry happenings. Get involved, get to know people, and get your name out there. Making industry connections and cultivating business relationships will greatly boost your business. Find out what’s happening in your area in the Tips + Tools tab at meetingpages.com